September 27, 2012

My Everyday Makeup Routine & Makeup Tips


  Hello!


   Maybe it's just a teenage girl thing, but I love to do my makeup. I love watching YouTube videos and reading Bobbi Brown books and shopping for the perfect lipgloss. So it's probably not a surprise I do my makeup every morning (and actually look forward to it. I'm such a stereotypical girl.).
     I wear a lot of products, but I don't wear a lot of them on my face 'cause that totally makes sense right. Through all my reading and watching and learning about techniques, I think I'm able to do my makeup without it looking caked-on. I use the same group of techniques and products nearly everyday, so I figured I might as well share them! Skip to the bottom for a makeup-tip "cheat sheet". :)
    By the way, I don't use brands like L'Oreal or Maybelline or Covergirl, even though at times it would be more convenient. These brands test on animals, and I'm not into that. Check this out for a full list of animal-testing brands.

1) Eyes & Brows
2) Face
3) Lips
 
Eyes 
Products & Order Applied
1) E.L.F. Eyelid Primer 2) Ulta Eyeshadow in "Trendsetter" 3) Revlon Colorstay Brown Eyeliner 4) Mary Kay Eyelash Curler 5) Benefit "Bad Gal" Mascara 6) Ulta Eye Crayon in "Birthday Girl"
 
Eye Makeup Tips
~ Eyelid primer is perfect for oily eyelids (case in point: me)
~To keep from "raccoon eyes", I only apply eyeliner on my top lids
~ Before I apply liquid eyeliner, I "carve a path" with standard pencil liner, also helping the liquid to stay put
~ Curl eyelashes before applying mascara to prevent eyelashes from falling out
~ Use a creamy-colored eye crayon on the inner corners of your eyes to look more awake
 
Trivia: Your eyelashes stop growing back when you're about forty.
 
Brows
Products & Order Applied
1) Eyebrow brush 2) Eyebrow shadow brush 3) Urban Decay Brow Box in "Honey Pot"
 
Eyebrow Tips
~ Your eyebrows can make or break your entire look, so filling in is vital. Try to find a pencil or shadow a shade lighter than your brow color to do so
~ Use clear mascara to set your brows

Face
Products & Order Applied
1) Almay Clear Complexion Foundation in 120 "Ivory" 2) E.L.F. Concealer 3) Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 003 "Natural" 4) Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in 20 "Raspberry" 5) Physician's Formula Bronze Gems Light Bronzer
 
Face Tips
~ A little foundation goes a very long way; using a little gets the job done without looking caked on
~ Use fingers for more precise foundation application
~ Dot concealer over blemishes and under eyes and stipple/pat for maximum effect
~ Set concealer with powder using a small-tipped brush
~ Apply "pot" cream blush with fingers, stippling/patting
~ Make a fish face when applying bronzer to most accurately fill in (your now sucked-in) cheeks
 
Trivia: Young skin reflects light. (So if you want to look young, don't use a lot of powder!)
 
Lips
Products & Order Applied
1) NYC lipstain in "Spice" 2) Revlon Colorburst lipgloss in 008 "Peony" 3) Ulta lipliner
 
Lip Tips
~ Lipstain does the job of lipstick but is lighter and lasts longer
~ Lipliner goes on lips, not on the skin around them (probably obvious, but I've seen too many clown lips to exclude this)
 
Favorite: my favorite lipstick is Revlon Lipbutter in "Peach Parfait".
 
 
 
 
    Welp, that's my core routine. Some days I use different colors of blush or eyeshadow, or don't wear anything on my face except Benefit Porefessional (hey, weekends), but using all these products every school day is the habit I've fallen in to.
 
Do you wear makeup everyday? What are your favorite products?
 
    xoxo,
        Zoe 

No comments:

Post a Comment