August 3, 2012

My Birthday + July Birchbox

 Hello!

 So my birthday was on Monday (remember? Most gorgeous picture ever?), and, if you've been reading my blog, you know I already celebrated it in Atlanta and at the Coldplay concert. So I didn't do anything spectacular on the day...But I did get my permit!! I went earlyearly to the DMV (there was still a crazy line), took the test (I actually made a 100 on it, didn't miss any!), and got a really hideous picture of me put on the permit! Yaaay! Seriously though, it was waaaaay easy-- it was mostly just questions identical to those on the state website. I've also been taking these fantastic tests (it looks like it's down now though?) for the past two weeks. Anyway, redeemed my free IHOP coupon after that, then got home and took a nap. PARTY HARD, YO. Oh, but before that, I opened my present "from my brother"... LOOK!!

 I'm so, so freaking excited. I've always wanted to be a pilot!! I think I'll do it over fall break.


 So later that day, we went to a fancy schmancy mall and exchanged some boots at Nordstrom and got my freeeee burthday gift at Sephora (as sort-of seen in the very first picture). Then, we ate at this place called Jamaica Way; it was featured on that show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives a while ago. It was all right, I guess. I especially loved those Jonny Cake biscuit things. I love biscuit things.
 After that my mom and I saw Brave, then home for cake (DQ cake with the crunchy stuff in the middle. HOLLER.). My mom and I finished off the night with some freaky Twin Peaks.
 ~

   Now, on to part two of this post, my first Birchbox!
  I just got it yesterday. Freaking August. Whaaaat. I guess 'cause I'm a new member? Whatever the case, I got the shipping confirmation on the 21st, but didn't get the package till August 2nd. Points lost for crappy shipping.



  When I finally did get it, here's what was inside:

Harvey Prince Eau Flirt - Lavender Pumpkin: This smells okay; not like something I haven't smelled before.
dirt. luxe salt scrub - lemon leaf: Maybe if I were more into scrubs I'd like this, or maybe if it were big enough to actually work on any body part I'd care for it more. It smells fine; the sample wasn't big enough for me to fairly judge if I really liked it or not.
Ada Cosmetics Bronzer: Again, it's not something fresh and new that I've never tried... I mean, I've never tried this particular thing, but I've tried things exactly like it.
theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac: It's okay. A little red for my taste. The only thing worthwhile in the whole box.
LÄRABAR® über: I got a nasty almond bar. At least it didn't break a bracket.
Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds: Great potential, I guess. They're cute and everything, but the sound quality is totally awful and they just don't play music well. I guess I was set up for disaster since I regularly use SkullCandy ones.

 Overall, I'm pretty disappointed. I don't know what I was expecting (actually, I do. A Stila lipgloss sample or a Zoya polish wouldn't have hurt! :). I'll hold on one more month, and then I'm out.
   ~

 Anyway, that's my birthday and my first Birchbox!

  xoxo,
  Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment